What are gluten detection service dogs?
Gluten detection service dogs perform an alert behavior to let their handler know which foods contain gluten and an all clear behavior to let their handler know which do not. There is evidence to suggest that these service dogs can detect trace levels of gluten in food and other products.
This is a very helpful task for people with celiac disease, gluten allergies, or wheat allergies who are disabled by their condition.
Gluten detection dogs can be service dogs or at home detection dogs depending on the handlers needs.
Gluten Detection Dogs
- Gluten Detection Dogs are trained to detect & alert to an allergen
- Gluten Detection Training does not cover Public Access training
- Service Dogs must be reliably trained in public access obedience to accompany you in non-pet friendly locations in accordance with the ADA
- Service Dogs must have at least one task to mitigate their handler's disability, which can be gluten detection if you are disabled due to your celiac disease or allergy
- If you are disabled and interested in having your Gluten Detection dog become a Service Dog, we can help you with Public Access Training separately, in our public access program coming soon.